Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Kicking & Screaming

From within i look, still inside, i look beyond and feeling, beyond little butterflies swing & corroding the lining of my stomach. From within i stare, breathing, still, heaving, staring outward and reflecting only through vision what eyes can see, what eyes only look like. From within i dare myself, above and under. Limitless. Boardering compulsion to combust, round & round i go halting only when i hit these corners. I feel like a pinball game, praying this machine wont accept anymore quarters. Screaming & stomping to the ground, 'how could our fore fathers not warn us'? Spirals & curls, Spirals & curls. This is the sight from my minds eye as the dome of my being is BEAT, that drum loud like a smoke signal in despair shouting from the core of the crowd 'i'm here, i have always been here'! Someone took my spot. I fell asleep maybe, this queue cant possibly be 27 years long. Back & forth, back & forth. Sing the lyrics, forcing the tune to the wrong song. The pieces to my puzzle wont fit. I squint playing in the dark. Unlimited lives, but never hitting the mark. Howling & barking, howling & barking at the sun as it rises, at the full moon shining. I keep waving goodbye at the old day as it passes, biding farewell to yesterday. Not knowing that remnants and dust still linger like a stain. Climbing & tying, shaking & crying. This is my declaration to all wrong, all things not positive. I look up to the sky, 'Oh Lord, give me peace'. As i kick away the chair from under my feet. This is my goodbye to an aged Life, an expired sadness. I shall not be defeated. I stand in the frontline of MY house, my new lease. Unwelcome are burdens. Kicking & screaming. I will not go down without having declared war! Gino Obuseng

No comments: