Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Soul Meet

Inspired and dedicated to Musa Mhlasi, response to his 'Are you My Soul Mate?


This peculiar manifestation of a being that inspires, excites, responding to every word, every beat and has me a wonder.
Unprepared for the truth and energy we express so solemnly, believing in its intensity suppressed. Unfazed and unafraid.
You be my lightning I be your thunder.

From dark to dawn we dance on two different floors across our worlds,
Holding still in this dizziness as my head swirls.
I am mesmerized by the idea of you,
Like a disco ball you hang above my head, thoughts of what u do.
My dreams stay safe, unimposing, unaware,
Of our fantasies that in word we have shared, soul to soul as we stare.
As every syllable and comma is as intense as the last dare.

However so as long as you ponder,
Rupturing your mind with this wonder,

When the music stops atop of a hill at dawn we watch as our souls mate,
The one that saved, that enticed these words trapped behind a locked gate.
This response is neither destiny nor fate.

Even if on stone it has never been set,
Blind to each others being, our souls have already met.

Gino Obuseng

No comments: